Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lazy Saturday

Got up early, got a ride to halfway to work this morning, but I missed the bus I was supposed to catch there, so ended up walking the rest of the way. But the weather was really nice, clear and chilly, and I decided to be in a good mood about it :)

Afterward I grabbed my bike and hurried up to see Barokko. I was tired after work, and had planned beforehand to let today be his day off this week. But once I got there, brought him in from pasture, fed him, groomed him, and redid his braids, I was suddenly totally motivated for dressage. So I tacked him up, and off we went.

Glad I did, I had a terrific ride. I had a wonderful sense of harmony with him in this ride. It was almost meditative, it felt like we were in a world of our own, I just felt his hoof beats, steady and rhythmical in all three gaits, everything felt like it was easy and just came together, and he seemed to be enjoying himself as much as I was, it was really really awesome.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Hi - Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I am also training my own coloured horse - she is still only 3, but I love dressage and dressage training.

It'd be great to see some pictures of you riding your horse.

Susan said...

Oh she's cute!

I have some riding pics on my flickr page ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/eudiaptumus/ ). I'm also showing him this weekend, hope to get some video of that to post :)