J's jumping lesson was canceled today, so I gave her a "learn to ride Barokko" lesson, instead. It's harder than it looks. I've made a lot of progress with him in the time I've had him, but watching her ride was almost like seeing him as he was six months ago! Interesting that the progress I make doesn't transfer very well to other riders...
Afterward we went for a trail ride with him and P. P was injured this summer, and has been re-habbed, so she's just now beginning to be back to normal. We've been cantering for a while, but today was the first gallop since her injury.
Barokko may not be built for speed, but he sure does thrive on it! I often throw in a gallop on our trail rides, it's obvious that he absolutely loves it, and he's completely under control throughout, which makes it a lot of fun for the rider, too! P was a little harder to stop ;)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment