Weather's changed the past few days, it's really coooold!
Wed evening I had a lesson, started out running thru the things we worked on last lesson "yup... good... yeah, that works... uh-huh... OK, I think we're ready for some new things!"
Worked on walk pirouettes for the first time, which he quickly understood, will be practicing those some more. He understands the aids to move his fore-/hindquarters, so asking for the pirouette wasn't completely out of the blue, but it's just cool to feel that the previous training I've put in him actually works when I then move on to the next level - working with a young-un is fun :D
We also worked on collection in trot, a few steps at a time so he didn't tire, just introducing him to the concept.
Played with leg yields in trot.
Thurs J had a jumping lesson. U ran a little late, so we went outside to warm up, and I coached them up and down a small bank jump by the outdoor arena - "be prepared for him to jump big" "yeah, yeah I know --- uh OK THAT was big!" ;)
In the lesson thay jumped a series of single jumps, and then finally put them together as a course. Barokko still uses a lot of energy on every jump, so he tires pretty quick - a course of 9 jumps 80-90cm high is quite demanding for him, and he was visibly tired afterward.
We cooled him off with a walk around the barn, but he was still a bit warm when we got back, so we put him in the walker while we packed up our stuff - but Barokko didn't want to be in the walker, once J and I were out of sight he jumped out!!
Today I did some dressage training in the woods. He was very fresh, lots of GO! But steady on the bit, carried himself well over the back, and I decided to sneek in a bit of collection -> PASSAGE!!!! Woo-hoo! THAT was cool :) He could only carry himself for a few steps, but they were awesome :P
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment