Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Moving Day

Since July Barokko has been boarded at EGE, but Sunday morning I moved him back to MAK. I'm looking forward to having him close by all day when I'm at work, I can pop in and say hello, check up on him, take him for a walk etc. I've really missed being able to do that while he was at EGE.

It's a 13km ride, which in walk and some trot takes two hours. M rode him, and I biked along beside them. Barokko whinnied a lot on the ride, which he hasn't done in a while - it got the attention of all the horses we passed on the way ;)

We arrived at MAK just in time for lunch ;)

His stall is in the school stable, which means there's lots of activity in lesson times. He's very curious and gets bored if nothing is going on, so hopefully he'll enjoy the attention and buzz without getting stressed about it.

The move also means a feed change, so he's now on 3 kg of Dan Agro's Hesteguf (müsli feed with 30% oats) and 3 hay feedings. I also give him an extra meal of 500g Spiller's Slow Response Energy Mix and 2L lucerne/alfalfa every evening.

No comments: