Been working on canter departs lately, he's much more stable in them now, so decided to take them "on the road." After warming up I found a long path with good footing, and off we went, depart-canter-transition, depart-canter-transition, again and again. Every depart was correct, he was stable, round, attentive. Finished with a good gallop, and then cooled him off and turned him out. Only rode for 35 minutes in total, but it was super efficient, and FUN :)
Bad news - someone chewed on his forelock :( It's over 4 inches shorter now, good thing there was lots of it to begin with, sigh. Maybe I'll need to start braiding his forelock also, like I do with his mane...
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
forelock chewing?
silly horsies!
(Ida)
I'm convinced it was one of the little ponies - sure they look all innocent and cute, but inside of every one of them there's a little devil just waiting for the opportunity to make mischief!
Post a Comment