Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I had the vet out on Wed. to float Barokko's teeth. Before the vet got there, I lunged him a little in the arena, and then got on for a short ride. While I was riding, the vet showed up, half an hour early. I pulled up, but he asked me to ride on for a moment - he wasn't in a hurry, and wanted to see Barokko when he wasn't sick ;)

After untacking I lead Barokko out into the yard - the sun was shining for once, and the vet thought it would be nice to work outside :) There were a few little edges, so the vet sedated him lightly and floated the teeth. His teeth looked good otherwise.

We carefully helped him back into his stall, me steering the head, and the vet holding his tail to keep him on his fet (he just got a teeny tiny dose of, but he's very sensitive to sedation). I sat in his stall with his head in my lap while he slept off the meds, major cuteness factor :D

I got a call the other day from the barn I want to move him to. There's a horse there that's for sale, and once he's sold the stall will be mine :) We could be moving very soon! I'm looking forward to him getting the turn-out he needs and loves. Also, I'm looking forward to being able to have my time with Barokko separate from my work - even though it's very practical for me having him at MAK, I'm never just a boarder/rider there. I'm always an instructor and employee, even on my days off. The new barn will be almost like having him at home, it's just a 10 minute walk away - we already plan to walk down there every evening before bed to tuck him in, which will benefit the dog, too (who usually just gets let out to do the necessaries before bedtime) ;)

1 comment:

Maat said...

10 min walk ... I wish. 20-25 min from both work & house (by car) isn't so bad though.

Funny, I also need to get Odin's teeth done about now.