Friday, March 21, 2008

Moving time!

The stall is available at the new barn :D We've cleaned out the stall completely, and checked that there are no sharp edges or other hazards, it looks to be a solid, safe stall. We'll go out there tomorrow to clean the windows, make him a nice soft bed, and fill up his hay net so everything's ready for his arrival on Sunday.

The weather has turned the past few days, we'd just had warm, sunny, spring weather, but then all of a sudden it's winter again >:( Monday afternoon it started snowing, yucky heavy wet snow. Barokko and Sofus got a chance to play in it in the outdoor arena, but after a while Barokko tired of it and just stood at the gate wanting to come in.



I had just bought a light weight blanket for him to wear in turn-out when he moves. He's been wearing it over a fleece blanket the past few nights, but I'll be putting on the heavy weight again tonight:



At least the cold on Sunday will mean the snow won't get packed in his hooves, I just hope it won't get icy. M will ride him, and I'll bike alongside them, while DH drives up to the barn with the stuff he'll need when we get there - blanket, halter, feed etc.

Moving unfortunately means F won't be continuing his lease :( He understandably doesn't want a lease at a different barn from where his wife's horse is stabled, as they want to ride together. I just wish I had thought of getting him involved earlier ;) it's been really great for me and Barokko, and F has enjoyed their rides a lot.

No comments: