...that I don't possess!
I trotted a couple of rounds of the arena on Sofus yesterday. That wasn't too bad. So I figured I'd trot a bit on Barokko today. Nevermind that Barokko's trot is much bigger than Sofus'. Anyway, I warmed him up on the HorseGym, threw on a saddle, and off we went. The HorseGym worked a treat as warm-up by the way, will definitely be using that again in the future!
He was a bit lazy initially, and when I went at him he resisted, so I had to be a bit more authoritative, and suddenly we were cantering, and then I felt like I ought to ride a bit longer, had to "finish the job," and when he calmed down and relaxed he was actually very steady on the bit, so I wanted to enjoy thatfor a while, and all of a sudden I had ridden about 15 minutes of trot and a little canter, and I was nauseated and a bit dizzy and my neck and upper back hurt A LOT :/
I put Barokko away with a promise to come clean him up properly later, and then went looking for somewhere quiet to lie down for a bit - M was riding Sofus, so his stall was empty, and it looked very clean and soft and inviting, so I spread out his fleece blanket on the straw and curled up ;) I usually try my horse's food to see what it tastes like, but this is the first time I've tested their bed - it's pretty durn comfortable, actually :P
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you do know that the more careful you are, the faster you will heal, right :P.
well, I'm just passign on what the doctor said to me when I went riding and kayaking etc with my bruised rib, and then complained that it was still hurting after 14 days... I hope you feel real better soon, no riding is no fun, especially when you can feel the difference when others ride him (in a negative way).
Post a Comment