Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back in Work

I longed Barokko today, the first day of work after his week of vacation after moving. He was all decked out in his new Thermo Master Walker Rug:



I've been annoyed at not having a good waterproof blanketing option with good shoulder freedom for outdoor longe and in-hand work, so when I saw this one at Hööks today I just had to have it :D

I'm going to start riding him again tomorrow, so I just wanted to put him on the longe first, to see how his movement was, and whether he was super fresh ;) He started off very fluid in his movement, tracked up at the trot from the very beginning, none of the stiffness and lack of forward he showed on the longe at MAK. Also, no bucks, jumps, fake spooks or any other sillyness ;) He seems very content, both physically and mentally :D

He tired pretty quickly at the canter, but he's also still on maintenance feed levels, and had been playing a lot in turn out today. He was very willing to go forward, very attentive to my signals.

No comments: