Easy now, I wasn't naked, Barokko was :)
I rode Coco (the horse M and I owned together before I bought Barokko) without saddle and bridle every now and then, and got to be pretty good at steering him around at a walk, but had a hard time getting his attention in trot and canter, and downward transitions were mostly a matter of not driving anymore and then just waiting until he decided to stop - very controlled :P
Barokko was waaay more responsive! I could right away steer him exactly where I wanted him to go in both walk and trot, could halt him off my seat within 2 steps of walk and 3-4 steps of trot. I tried cantering also, but only briefly - an uphill bounding canter is great for dressage, but I definitely need to practice before I can ride it properly without a saddle!!
We even tried a few leg yields, it was of course a bit difficult to keep him straight without a bridle, but he did yield nicely to my leg, which was fun.
I always practice steering without reins in my walk warm-ups, but for some reason it feels much more wow to do it without a saddle and bridle on the horse ;)
I want to learn how to hop up onto him from the ground without a saddle, and then make a tack-free dressage kür - a Native American theme might be cool if I can find some suitable music - suggestions are welcome :D
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like he is very responsive to your legs. That's pretty cool.
This sounds fun! I'll have a go with Echo one day, but not at the moment - think it might confuse her right now! x
Post a Comment