Mud mud mud everywhere :)
Show tomorrow, so I should have ridden dressage, he's always best on the second day. But while I was grooming, I got the distinct impression that he needed to get out and run :/ So I threw on the jumping saddle, got out my oilskin coat, and off we went into the rain.
I had a hard time warming him up nice and steady, he just wanted to GO GO GO :D As soon as I felt he was ready, I found a suitable path, and then off we went. I decided to work in intervals. Let him go in a 30 second gallop (not top speed, but at a good clip), then 1 minute walk, 4 repetitions, and then a 10 minute walk to recuperate. My intention was to trot him out and then head home, but he kept asking for canter. So I added an extra loop, gave him a ca 1,5km slow and steady canter, after which he seemed content and ready to head home :)
The trails were very muddy, and we had lots of practise in riding through puddles. By the time we were done, he (and my legs!)was entirely covered in mud all the way from the hooves up to just below the saddle flap - now why was it I chose to take him into the great outdoors the day before a show? :P
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment