Decided to give him a day off today, I wasn't feeling too hot, just wanted to spend time with him without having to concentrate too hard :P
We went for a walk in Dyrehaven. Barokko's always a bit silly when I lead him rather than ride, but I figured he'd better just get used to it ;) So with just a little bit of skippity-hopping we got into the woods, and found a grassy clearing, where I let him graze for a while, before moving on. As soon as I let him graze his focus turns 100% to FOOOOOOOD - as soon as I take him away from the grass he goes into "I'm a silly young horse, everything is super scary!!!"-mode.
Later a short lunging session, where he, ta-daa, for the first time sought contact on the side reins in trot and canter, and ended up with a really good work-out with lots of transitions and tempo changes.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment