Monday, May 04, 2009

Taking it easy

Hasn't been much going on recently, Barokko unfortunately isn't making any progress, his status is exactly as it was before we began treatment... He has to be completely weaned off the Prednisolone before we can consider any other treatment, so until May 20th there's really not much of anything to do. I ride him lightly (walk and a little trot) a few times a week, just to give him - and me - something to do, but I have to admit that it's hard to stay motivated right now :(

On a positive note, the weather's turned into full-blown spring, and Barokko's enjoying spending most of his days on the big grass pasture. The horses that will be spending the summer there on 24/7 pasture are beginning to arrive, the first 2 are moving in today, a couple of teeny little ponies. I'll be taking Barokko over to meet them tomorrow where I'll be able to keep an eye on them :)

No comments: