I've unfortunately developed preg.-related pelvic instability, which not only means I have been absolutely forbidden any kind riding at all until after the baby is born (bummer), but also radically limits my mobility in general. So to avoid having to lead him back and forth, mess with feed buckets etc, I decided to turn him out 24/7 a couple of weeks early. He's already been gradually adjusted to a full day's worth of grass, so no problem there, and he's made good friends with the little pinto pony, so he'll be alright. I did feel like a bit of a bad owner to turn him out full-time right in the middle of a rainy period, but the temps are OK, and there are trees along the fenceline for shelter, so intelectually I know he'll be just fine. He's still being weaned off Prednisolone, but now only needs meds every other morning, so I just bike down and feed that to him at the pasture. Luckily, biking is quite comfortable for me, much more so than walking, and the physiotherapist said as long as it doesn't hurt biking is fine, and actuly to try to bike a little bit each day to keep just some fitness. I'll also start some physiotherapy-led training in water, so I'm hoping I can retain some strength and fitness so it won't be too hard to come back to normal after the baby's born!
I contacted my vet re: Barokko's lack of progress on Prednisolone, he's actually gotten worse lately. She said it didn't sound too good, and asked me to send more detailed description of his symptoms, which I did yesterday afternoon. Today is a holiday, so she probably won't reply until Monday, I'll just have to wait and see what she decides we should do next.
Friday, May 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment