I longed Barokko yesterday to see how he looked, and it was like seeing a brand new horse!!! He was forward and energetic, and even in canter I just said canter and off he went, with no signs of stopping until I told him to transition. He wasn't back to normal by a long shot, still hyperventilating and clearing his airways, but much much better than he's been in weeks and weeks. When I turned him out afterward he kicked up his heels and ran off in a series of bucks, bringing tears to my eyes, he hasn't shown that much joi de vivre in AGES :D
He's not out of the woods yet, if even a few colonies of pseudomonas survived the treatment they'll be multiplying like crazy right now, and with a good chance of having acquired resistance to the antibiotics he received, but regardless of what happens further on I'm just so thrilled to see him feeling good again now, acting like the young, fresh, silly horse he is.
Tuesday he's going back to the vet clinic for new BAL samples, and about a week after that I'll have the results. Until then I'm keeping him on probiotics to ensure his digestion stays healthy, and lots of green tea just in case it has an effect on any lingering bugs. Luckily, he loves the tea - he gets it soaked in his beet pulp, in both his water buckets, plus a few handfuls in his feed, just for good measure ;)
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment