I have full time work this week, boy that's a drag ;) Especially because it makes it really hard to plan things like the farrier! M said she'd come up for it any day except Tuesday, and when does the farrier say he's coming? Tuesday of course... Luckily, DH was able to work from home, so he took a couple of hours off in the morning to go get Barokko from pastureand hold him while he was shod.
He brought home some of the hoof trimmings for the dog, which kind of conjured up a wierd feeling - my dog wolfing down something that was once part of my horse :P
I finally got a Myler bit to try on him, it's a loose ring wide barrel snaffle. Odin wears this same bit, and I really liked the feel of riding with it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Barokko will agree. It's just for trail riding right now, but I want him to be as comfortable as possible, and I'd like to be able to ride dressage with a snaffle eventually so we can show, too.
He went on a long trail ride yesterday with M, so today he'll get the day off, the only time I'd be able to ride him would be in the heat of the afternoon, so even if he wasn't tired from yesterday I doubt I'd get much of anything out of it anyway. I'm looking forward to trying the bit tomorrow!
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy that the bit arrived, hope it works out for him!
Post a Comment