Sunday, July 20, 2008

Playing With Poles :)

DH helped Barokko and me have some fun with poles this morning. He laid out 3 poles for us in the arena, and I started out just walking over them while warming up (worked from the ground today). I gradually let him go further out on the longe line, until I could long him over each of the poles so he crossed them in exactly the place and angle I indicated :) With a little practice we were able to do the same thing in trot also.

DH gathered the poles in a fan, and I longed him over in walk and trot, I love watching the way horses stretch and swing over the back when they go correctly over a line of poles :D

The few times I've tried longing over poles or cavaletti haven't been too successful, he's gotten really stressed. I wanted to keep it easy and fun for him, so in the canter I just put him over a single pole.

I finished up by practicing figure-8's in walk.

No comments: