I gave M a jumping lesson on Barokko today. We worked on some low gymnastic series. It was really fun seeing how he bascules over the jumps, even the little ones :)
He's been a bit of a goof recently, very looky and spooky on trails, and I've come to the conclusion that the schedule he's been on is too undemanding. I've worked him in-hand a lot which is challenging for him, but still mostly in walk, so he doesn't burn up excess energy through it. He does sometimes play in turn-out, but he's been spending more and more time in the grass pasture, where he mostly concentrates on grazing rather than running around ;) So there's more work in store for Mr Pony!
M rode him in his new Mullen Mouth eggbutt, and shared my feeling that it's a better bit for him than the others I've tried, so we'll stick with this one for now.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment