
So instead of riding I gave him a head to tail thorough grooming, and then turned him out - luckily the pasture's nice and soft after a few days' rain :/
I called the farrier, he doesn't have phone hours on Fridays, so I left him a message, and resigned myself to a weekend without riding. He called back first thing this morning, and will be coming tomorrow.
So the one week planned vacation has turned into two ;)
In the meantime I've been looking into Bent Branderup's training philosophies, I borrowed his book Klassisk Ridekunst at the library. It's interesting to compare Branderup with Phillippe Karl, a lot of things are formulated differently, but when you dig deeper it turns out the principles are quite similar to each other.
I also stumbled across Allegè-Ideal "International Dressage & Equitation Association for Lightness." There are links to some interesting articles that I'm working my way through :)
No comments:
Post a Comment