Wed M took Barokko for a light trail ride during the day, and after lessons in the evening I hopped on without a saddle to try out a hackamore. When I asked him to trot he was very resistant, but after persisting he finally made an effort to go forward, and then very shortly after stopped abruptly and coughed 4 times, very deep, dry coughs. Hmm... I walked him a bit, and then tried carefully to put him in trot again, but he still really really didn't want to. So I hopped off and took the bridle off, and let him roll. I thought maybe he was tired, and obviously something was bothering him since he coughed, but his breathing has been normal, no hyper ventilating, no mucous, he seems fresh and energetic, and M hadn't noticed anything unusual a few hours earlier :?
Yesterday I put him on the horse gym in the afternoon, he looked fine, again energetic and alert, no problems breathing. So I decided to try a short ride in the evening, but same thing again. Fine in walk, he even jumped around a bit, so he's not tired. But when I put my legs on him to ask for trot he got angry :( And coughed again.
Turned him out with S later, no coughs, lots of running around and bucking and playing... His gaits look normal, none of the stiffness that I saw both when he tied up and when his back was sore from the Albion.
I'm getting the vet to take a look at him today - I don't know, maybe I should just stop signing up for shows, seems like every time we're doing OK and I think we're ready, something new happens...
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment