We went to the indoor yesterday. It was the first time going up there alone, so I decided to lead him. I needn't have worried, tho, he was perfectly well-behaved. We met several challenging obstacles on the way (including a guy with a chain saw felling a tree right next to the path as we went by!), but he didn't hop, skip, or jump even once, he just walked calmly, flicking his ears curiously at all the goings on. He's become much more relaxed when we're out and about since he's been put back into work, I think he really needed the mental stimulation.
At the arena he did really well, I rode for about 30 mins total, with a lot of trotting. He felt strong, so I decided to try our a canter, and it was great :) Sharp transitions, correct leads, and a wonderfully big, energetic canter. I only cantered two circles, one on each lead, but it was so fun to feel how powerful he was in those first steps. I'm so impressed by how quickly he's improving!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment