Monday, September 08, 2008

Can I Come In?


Can I Come In?, originally uploaded by eudiaptumus.

I hang out at Barokko's home all the time, but he's never been to mine - until now!

M was going on a trail ride, and we were chatting while she groomed and tacked up. He was ready for the ride before we were ready to stop talking, so we decided to go home and get my bike, so I could come along with them.

A 10 minute walk and a world away he drew quite a crowd of the neighborhood kids as he came clippety-cloppeting down the street, stopping at no. 31 and ringing the doorbell - well, OK he didn't ring the doorbell, I did, but either way it brought out DH and his camera :P

I hopped on my bike, and we retreated out of suburbia and headed back to the trails. Barokko was energetic and eager, making sure that I got plenty of exercize trying to keep up :D It's fun to ride alongside him every now and then, and see the development in his musculature and movement. He's such a cool horse :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is just a gorgeous, gorgeous animal! How funny to have a horse arrive at your doorstep ;)

lytha said...

what a great picture. he's so pretty! a few years ago i took my horse into downtown seattle and rode him among the skyscrapers. then i took him to my office building and showed him where i spend my days. that was surreal! i wondered if he could smell all the computers and recognized the smell on me.

~lytha in germany
http://horsecrazyamerican.blogspot.com/