Last night, I went to the barn at 10 PM to feed the horses. I gave Barokko a huge hug, and M suggested I hop on while she took care of the feed buckets. Uh, OK, why not ;)
She gave me a leg up, and I spent the next 10 minutes or so on my horse - in his stall, no helmet, no equipment, no demands, no pressure, just me and Barokko being me and Barokko. I gave him a good scritching in all of his favorite places, and he stood there sighing and yawning, enjoying every second of it :) He wanted to return the favor, but couldn't really reach me, so he just gave my left boot a thorough muzzle-nuzzle :P
One of those little moments I'm sure I'll remember and cherish many years from now.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment