Barokko's ready for 24-7 pasture, I just need to be ready, too - wow, I can't even begin to imagine how parents feel the first time they send their kid off to summer camp ;)
Anyway, I've announced publicly that he'll go out Monday at the latest, I'm guessing he'd like to give me a good kick in the butt and just let him go :P
They'll be 7 horses together throughout the summer, 5 geldings and 2 mares. 2 of the geldings and one of the mares "moved in" today, the last two will be coming in a few weeks. This morning Barokko and his buddy T met their 3 new companions. One of the geldings is very careful and shy, Barokko wanted to be friends with him. The other is more forward, and he wanted to be friends with the mare, but T wouldn't let him ;) I watched them for the first hour they were together, and I think they'll be a good herd together. The pasture is plenty big with lots of grass, a big lake for water, trees for shade along one fence line + just across the street from the barn, so super easy when I want to ride. Also if we get a period of rain (which we will) I can bring him in at night.
I'm going to bring him in once daily regardless of whether I'm riding or not - for grooming, handling, getting away from buddies, and feeding (Suregrow, electrolytes, garlic, + oil for energy as necessary).
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment