Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I've been Tagged!

Diary of a Young Horse tagged me to write 7 facts people might not know about me - or should it be about Barokko, since it's really his blog, not mine? I think I'll just mix it up a bit ;)

1: Both Barokko and I looove speed. A fast galop on good footing, D*NM what a rush! :D I'm not generally a particularly brave rider, but when it comes to speed, bring it on!

2: Barokko likes to get up close and personal with everyone that looks remotely friendly, he is the most people-loving horse BY FAR that I have ever known - I imagine him dreaming of being teeny-tiny, so he could crawl into my pocket like a little pet mouse, and come along with me all day, getting petted and admired by everyone I meet (at least when he's not dreaming of being a race horse ;) )

3: I, on the other hand, am not really very touchy-feely. I think it's kind of creepy when strangers or mere acquaintances hug to say hi or bye - family and close friends are OK, I'll even initiate hugs there, it's not the contact as such I mind. I just think a lot of people are a bit indiscriminate in when they chose to "share the love."

4: I didn't do all of the silly pony things as a kid, so every so often you can catch me doing them now - running around playing with my horse, jumping bareback, trying to mount from the ground without a saddle, standing on the horse's back etc.

5: I love dressage, but hate that all the gear has to be so conservative and boring. You want to look nice for shows, but why not have a little more fun for training? I try to get as much of my gear as I can in bright colors, but it can actually be hard to find fun and silly stuff in Full size (Pony's a little easier)...

6: I forget to clean hooves! I have no problem remembering it when I'm helping students in the stable, but then when I groom my own mounts I forget ALL THE TIME *Doh*! It's not that I don't want to do it, it just completely slips my mind - I haven't cleaned Barokko's hooves today for ex, even tho I handled him on several separate occasions throughout the day...

7: I love trail riding, but other than that I'm so not an outdoorsey person. Hate camping with a vengence, hiking makes no sense to me whatsoever - even when walking the dog I have to keep reminding myself that just walking around serves an important purpose for him in order to stay somewhat motivated ;) In summer Danes have a driving urge to eat dinner outside, I really really hate that, too!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Thanks for playing along!! I like to be bright too - I had some amazing bandages for the horse I used to ride at my old boss' yard -they were cream with fluorescent pink, orange, green and blue stars all over them. As he was also a coloured horse, they looked a bit garish, but I thought they were fun. I wonder what happened to them...