I'm starting to believe in it now, I really think he's well again!
M rode him on trails Sunday, walk & trot, said he seemed a bit tired at the beginning and end, but in between he was back to normal.
Monday I rode dressage again, it's wierd to be back in the arena after so many trail rides! A lot of riders in there, which he hasn't been used to for the past many weks, so in the beginning he was a bit tense about that, but then settled down and gave me a good ride.
Tuesday we went for a trail ride alone, and I've never felt him so "hot" before! He can't canter for very long stretches at a time yet of course, asked for a trot after about 100 m, but then after a short walk he'd be bouncing around again ;)
We jumped a few little branches lying around, and he was so enthusiastic about it that I decided to try a proper jump for the first time, a ca 60cm risbunke (don't know what it's called in English, basically an organized pile of sticks and branches). He pulled toward the jump as soon as he saw it was in our path, judged the distance perfectly and flew over, landing in a series of bucks ;) The jump is at the top of a slight incline that heads up to a clearing on a little plateau, and the way I came up was the only way down (all the other paths down are too muddy and slippery). So after a short canter around the clearing, I turned back toward the path with the jump, and then had to actively steer around the jump to keep him from jumping it again - methinks he likes to jump :D
A short dressage ride yesterday, worked mostly on walk-trot tansitions, and lateral work on the circle in walk.
Today he gets the day off from riding, and tomorrow I've booked a jumping lesson - he hasn't jumped since October, and I haven't jumped him since... June I think? It'll be fun :)
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment