Sunday, June 01, 2008

He's off!

Cleaned him up, braided him, packed up all his stuff, and he was ready to go. Lead to the truck, let him get a good hard look at it, a little pat on the butt and up he went. He stood quietly the whole ride, except for a few whinnies ;)

When I unloaded him I lead him directly to his paddock. He walked right in, sniffed hello with his neighbors on both sides, and then tasted the local grass. He'll be turned out in a big grass pasture during the day, and in the paddock at night.

I just got a text from my trainer, she said he had been calm and relaxed all afternoon, and he had already become good friends with a mini gelding ;) I'm glad he's so easy-going, he always settles in quickly when I take him to new places, that's one less thing to worry about.

There won't be much news here for the next couple of weeks, while Barokko will be working hard and I won't :D

No comments: