Wednesday, June 18, 2008

He's home :)

Drove up to my trainer's place this morning to pick up Barokko. He was just finishing up his breakfast when I got there, but perked his ears when he saw me, and kept turning his head toward me as trainer & I stood talking, so it looked like he remembered me ;)

She worked him in-hand every day he was there, and some days she also rode. She worked him in a cavesson both in-hand and under saddle. She said the biggest issue she had with him was keeping him relaxed and focussed on the job at hand. As soon as he was "in the zone" he was great to work with, a fast learner, physically supple and sensitive... but if he got tense, everything went out the window - yup, I know that feeling ;)

Under saddle her focus was on teaching him to accept contact and rein aids on the cavesson, weight aids, shoulder-in and haunches-out. She was very surprised and impressed by how sensitive he was to the weight aids, but that's also been a top priority for me since day 1! He apparently accepted the cavesson really well, so I'm looking forward to trying it again :)

1 comment:

Maat said...

Hope that the cavesson will bring nice results, definetly intersting. Looking forward to hearing about the progress.