The ground has finally dried up enough to let us get away from the paths and into the undergrowth, leading to much more fun rides. Still mostly walk, but I'm gradually adding more trot sets, and today I asked for canter for the first time - wow, he gave me a perfect depart, and an awesome round, uphill canter :D
I rode out with M on S today, we were just about to start trotting, when all of a sudden S spooked at something behind us and leapt forward - and when he jumps, it's big! so he was very quickly far ahead of us. Barokko curled up tight, bucked hard 3 times in a row, and then off at a gallop - looks like his energy is returning ;-)
We jumped a few little fallen branches (ca 25cm high) and hopped over a couple little ditches, he's getting to be very reliable in different terrain, and seems to enjoy the little obstacles I find for us to forge.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment