Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lots of Room, aaaaah

Went up to the indoor yesterday, and was lucky enough to have the large arena all to myself :D I decided to push him a little more than I've done until now, as his general fitness level is getting to be good enough for actual work now. He was a little resistant in the initial trot work, but relatively quickly settled down and worked very constructively. I did a bit of sitting trot which also went well, I've sat a few steps at a time, but this was the first time I really worked him in sitting trot. When we got to the canter he - as per the norm - slowed after about 2 circles, and was about to fall back to trot. I've pretty much limited cantering in the arena to 2 circles' worth at a time, but wanted him to give me a little more yesterday, so when he slowed down I got on his case a bit, and then shot him down the long side at a good clip. "Oooh, I can go fast? OK!!!" and off we went - I looove riding in a 20*60m arena ;)

20 mins walk to the arena, 30 mins of good work, and then 20 mins walk back home. He was tired, but not exhausted, which I was pleased with.

No comments: