Went out on our first ride in forever yesterday morning. I started in the arena, then one of the Icelandic riders asked if I wanted to come along for a little ride in the woods. Barokko was a good boy, only got really silly once - the Icelandic pony got a bit worked up (we were on a path where she was usually allowed to canter, so pretty miffed about having to walk instead), and just then a couple of bikes came racing up from behind, and off Barokko went (so the pony got a little gallop after all, trying to keep up) ;)
Good news was that he wasn't overly tired or winded afterward. He cleared his throat once, but other than that I didn't notice anything alarming about his breathing, fingers crossed that it'll stay that way.
This morning I longed him for about 10 minutes in walk and trot, and he gave me some beautiful work through his topline in the trot work, I was very impressed and happy :)
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment