Friday, August 15, 2008

Went on a long trail ride this evening with one of the other boarders. We weren't planning on anything special, just rode out and enjoyed a beautiful evening, ended up being out for 2 1/4 hours, stepping into the yard in the bright pink light of sunset :)

I've brought him in from the big pasture, he's back in the regular herd, turned out about 8 hours daily instead of 24-7, plus I've upped his oil to give him more accessible energy, and it seems like a good decision, his canter today felt strong and powerful, and his trot big and bouncy :)

He got chased through the fence again today :( Luckily, he came through it OK, one shallow cut on the right thigh, and welts on both fores and across the hindquarters. We'll split up the herd during the weekend, and try to put Barokko and the alpha (who chased him) together again on Monday when we're both there to keep an eye on them.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I have given you an award - go to my blog to receive it!